Tuesday, January 27, 2009

On Urth, this girl's name was Destiny Daines. Here this girl doesnt know if she has a name. Taken from my planet at least four weeks ago, this girl awoke on this strange new world called Gor. This girl has no remembrance of the events surrounding her coming here. This girl quickly realised that her life has changed forever. She was now a slave, kajira, on this planet.

At first I was defiant. I would not follow commnds and I would not listen. But punishment was always swift and fierce. I realized that in order to survive, I must accept this new role.

My first weeks seemed to consist of moving from place to place, collar to collar, chain to chain. Nights spent in overcrowded cells, beaten constantly, forced to walk miles without food or water, chained to other kajira like animals. I vowed right then that this would change one day. But I would have to wait. Changing this life will not come easy.

My first break came aboard a ship. Taken aboard with many other slaves, one night the crew became drunk. One crew member decided to have his way with me. He unchained my wrists and legs, but left his guard down. I swiftly kicked him in the groin, and then brought the shackles down upon his head. Grabbing whatever I could to aid me in escape, I quickly ran up to the deck and leaped over the side of the boat.

The next days were one of great hardship. My jump from the boat and swim to shore had placed me in a deep, dark jungle. On Urth I had been an athlete and an outdoorswoman, I hoped my training and skills would be of use on Gor.

I wandered the jungle, eating whatever I could find. Lichens, small fish captured in ponds, grubs I dug from the bark of fallen trees. But I had to be careful. Being unfamiliar with this planet I had no I dea what was safe to eat and what could be deadly.
I slept at night with one eye open. This was a new place, I did not know what dangers lurked here. I was surviving, but I was growing weaker each day.

One day I encountered a female in the forest. She did not see me, so I followed her. Afert traveling several miles she came to a village. I stayed hidden in the tree line and watched. It seemed that the village consisted entirely of women. I decided to stay and observe this tribe for awhile, see if I could learn any skills.

Three days passed as I watched the tribe each day I grew weaker, unable to find all the sustenance I needed. I had to come to a decision. In the jungle I faced death. With the tribe I faced life. Waht kind of life I did not know. It was apparent that that they had slaves also. I decided my only course of action was to approach this tribe, even if it meant going back into slavery. I turned myself in to this tribe, ready to accept a new life, but the weapons I had stolen from the boat I kept hidden in the forest. One day I will need them.

I am now kajira to the Sa Jerag Taluna. This girl finds its not so bad. I am learning the four basics and I do feel loved. Those elements in me that make me what I am, defiance and pride, will also be my tools to make this girl the best of the kajirae. I will become the best on Gor. For I have a destiny to fulfill. And that destiny is to become a warrior of Gor. This is but a step on that journey.

You can call a tree a rock...but it does not make it so. I do not mind the life of kajira...but I will never be anyone's dog.

No comments: